Clean Practice Protocol for COVID-19
Our highest priority is the safety and well-being of our patients and staff.
We have created a Clean Practice Protocol to help protect your safety. We have extended office hours and reduced the number of appointment slots to help reduce the number of people in the office at any given time.
What you can expect at your next office visit:
- We would love to shake your hand or give you a hug. We ask that you join us in abstaining from these greetings until the COVID-19 pandemic is resolved.
- All patients and staff will be screened prior to entering with infrared temperature check to rule out fever. Anyone (staff included) who has a fever, cough, shortness of breath, and body aches will be asked to go home and return in 2 weeks.
- All staff and patients are required to wear masks while in the office. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- To minimize the number of people in the office, please have family members/friends wait in the car for you unless absolutely necessary (i.e. parent accompanying a minor)
- All exam rooms, equipment, surfaces will be disinfected before and after use. We will disinfect with Hypochlorous acid (non-toxic), alcohol wipes, and cholorox wipes.
- We have installed plexiglass shields at our front desk and dispensary tables.
- We have installed plexiglass shields on diagnostic equipment in exam rooms to create a barrier between patient and doctors during close proximity testing.
- We will contact you prior to your appointment to go over several questions that we normally would ask in the exam room.
- Please email us all forms, your vision and medical insurance cards, and driver’s license prior to your visit. All forms can be downloaded on our website: www.VisionSource-LAEyeCare.com
- Due to COVID-19 and our personal responsibility to provide the very best eye care, EyeWellness screening procedures will now be performed on all patients during their full exam each year. The co-payment for the EyeWellness screening test is $39.
We look forward to seeing you at your upcoming visit
Drs. Kame, Matsuda, Akhamzadeh, and Staff